Crags Health Care
Infection Control Annual Statement
This Annual Statement will be generated each year. It will include:
- Any infection transmission incidents and any lessons learnt and action taken
- Any actions taken resulting from the 6 monthly infection control audit.
- Any actions taken resulting in Infection Control risk assessments.
- Details of staff IPC training
INFECTION CONTROL LEAD
GP Infection Control Lead: Dr W S Riddell
Practice Infection Control Lead: Diane Davis
Diane Davis will be the first point of contact for practice staff in respect of Infection Control issues. She will help create and maintain an environment which will ensure the safety of the patient, carers, visitors and health care workers in relation to Healthcare Associated Infection (HCAI).
The Infection Control Lead will carry out the following within the practice:
- Increase awareness of Infection Control issues amongst staff and patients
- Help motivate colleagues to improve practice
- Improve local implementation of Infection Control policies
- Ensure that practice based Infection Control audits are undertaken
- Assist in the education of colleagues
- Help identify any Infection Control problems within the practice and work to resolve these, where necessary in conjunction with the local Infection Control Team
- Disseminate key Infection Control messages to their colleagues within the practice
There have been no significant events reported regarding infection control issues in the period covered by this report..
Two six monthly Infection control audits have been carried out at both sites since the last statement. The following were identified.
- Our infection control policy has been reviewed
- We still need to change a tap at Whitwell surgery but we are under lease negotiations at present and all works are on hold.
All staff have undertaken training in infection control.
The practice nursing team will attended external infection control courses.
The cleaning company meets with the Infection Control Lead and Practice Manager to review will receive the cleaning schedule and deep cleaning is done within prescribed timescales.
The policy on antimicrobial prescribing and follow guidance from North Derbyshire CCG has been reviewed
We have reviewed our Infection Control Policy and this will be reviewed annually.
Next Statement September 2019